Vetsuccess on Campus

Encouraging, promoting, and supporting veterans to be successful in their educational and career endeavors.

Who can receive services?

All student Veterans, Active Duty, and Dependents attending SU can access the Department of Veterans Affairs through a full-time VA Counselor.

What type of services are available?

  • Guidance and support with your education benefits
  • Career Exploration and assistance in selecting a suitable career/major
  • Electing your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration
  • Assistance in understanding common readjustment difficulties and how this
    may impact school
  • Coordinating with school faculty/staff to provide Veteran specific services (i.e. VA
    Certifying Official, Career Center, Student Disabilities Services, Academic Advising)
  • Accessing, understanding, and applying for other VA benefits (i.e. Disability Compensation,
    Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty, and Vocational Rehabilitation)
  • Referrals for VA healthcare, medical, and mental health services
  • Referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible Veterans and their families
  • Job placement assistance and coordination with Local Veterans’ Employment
    Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP)
  • Locating community and other resources

You can visit the official site and learn more here.

Vetsccess on Campus Coordinator

Room 326G, University College
700 University Ave.
Syracuse University, New York 13244
phone: 315-443-0177
The VSOC on Campus Coordinator is available for walk-in appointments
Mondays through Fridays, 9–11 a.m.; 1–3 p.m. at 326G, 700 University Ave.