Encouraging, promoting, and supporting veterans to be successful in their educational and career endeavors.
Who can receive services?
- Servicemembers and Veterans eligible for any of VA’s educational programs o Including the Post-9/11 and Montgomery GI Bills
- Servicemembers and Veterans attending training through VA’s VR&E program
- Eligible dependents receiving VA education benefits o Including spouses attending school through the Post-9/11 GI Bill.erans, Active Duty, and Dependents attending SU can access the Department of Veterans Affairs through a full-time VA Counselor.
What type of services are available?
- Guidance in selecting a career path
- Ensure effective use of VA benefits
- Assistance in achieving educational goals
- Assistance in Achieving career goals
- Adjustment counseling to help complete education programs and find employment
- Vocational testing
- Educational and career counseling
- Expedited VR&E services
- Support and assistance- Regardless of entitlement, benefit usage or enrollment status.ecting your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration
- Assistance in understanding common readjustment difficulties and how this
may impact school
- Coordinating with school faculty/staff to provide Veteran specific services (i.e. VA
Certifying Official, Career Center, Student Disabilities Services, Academic Advising)
- Accessing, understanding, and applying for other VA benefits (i.e. Disability Compensation,
Life Insurance, Education, Home Loan Guaranty, and Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Referrals for VA healthcare, medical, and mental health services
- Referrals for readjustment counseling services for eligible Veterans and their families
- Job placement assistance and coordination with Local Veterans’ Employment
Representatives (LVER) and Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP)
- Locating community and other resources