How can I join Army ROTC?

If you’re interested in enrolling in Army ROTC and you are in college, you can start by talking to the  Army ROTC Enrollment Officer on campus about taking the Army ROTC basic elective course and about the incentives available, including opportunities to compete for two-, three-, or four-year merit-based scholarships.

Junior College and Graduate Students

If you have two years remaining in junior college or graduate school, you are still eligible to enroll in ArmyROTC. Talk to the Army ROTC Enrollment Officer on your campus.

Leader’s Training Course

This course is for those college students who want to complete Army ROTC training in two years. To qualify, you must complete a challenging and motivating 28-day training program at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Upon completion of the Leader’s Training Course (LTC), graduates return to campus prepared to enter the advanced course. Talk to the Army ROTC Enrollment Officer on your campus.
Learn about Army ROTC scholarships for college students.

Enlisted Soldiers

If you are an enlisted Soldier in the Army and interested in becoming an officer, find out more about opportunities for Soldiers.
Learn about Army ROTC scholarships for Enlisted Soldiers.

Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)

The Simultaneous Membership Program allows you to attend Army ROTC and serve in the U.S.Army Reserve or Army National Guard at the same time. It gives you an opportunity for additional training and experience. Cadets serve as officer trainees in the Army Reserve or National Guard while completing college. You can earn Army Reserve/National Guard pay and benefits in addition to your Army ROTC allowances.