You may choose to live on or off campus.


  • The University has a block of 2-bedroom apartments specifically reserved for veterans on a space-available basis
  • These apartments are available to veterans year-round.
  • You pay per-bedroom, meaning that you will have your own bedroom but will share common areas with a roommate. Veterans with dependents can rent the second bedroom for half-price.
  • For veterans who qualify for 100% Post-9/11 GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Benefits, the university also provides a $3,000 grant (per year) to assist them with paying for these veteran-designated apartments.
  • For further information and questions on the housing grant, contact the Office of Transfer and Veteran Admissions at rwb@syr.edu or 315-443-3611”
  • For veteran-specific housing information and questions, please contact the Housing, Meal Plan, and I.D. Card Services Office at housing@syr.edu or 315-443-2721.


  • Visit the Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services for information on finding an apartment or house to rent
  • http://occs.syr.edu/ or (315) 443-5489

Child Care Assistance

With sponsorship from Syracuse University’s Human Resources department, College of Professional Studies has entered into a partnership with Child Care Solutions, a local not-for-profit organization that provides information, referrals, and educational materials to parents who need child care in order to continue their education. College of Professional Studies has extended this grant to include all undergraduate student veterans. Information is available through the College of Professional Studies Financial Aid Office.

Grant money awarded to a student is posted to the student’s Bursar account and paid by College of Professional Studies directly to the child care provider. Students must apply each semester.

Childcare Grant Application Package

Who is Eligible?

Undergraduate student-veterans who demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA, www.fafsa.ed.gov)