New Students

Once you have received a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), please forward a copy to the Office of Veteran Success at We can also accept a copy of your Statement of Benefits found in your account.

All Students

A Request for Certification (RFC) form will need to be completed for each term that you utilize your benefits*. The form is located under your Financial Aid To-Do list in your MySlice account (your SU student portal). If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out directly to the Office of Veteran Success.

If you switch benefit chapters, please forward a copy of your new COE and contact our office at to discuss how your VA funding may change.

After you have submitted your RFC, please contact the Office of Veteran Success prior to making changes to your schedule to discuss potential ramifications involving your VA Education Benefits.

Undergraduate students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill® can fill out the RFC prior to registering if you have a pre-bill from the Bursar’s Office.

Graduate students are not issued a pre-bill and should submit the RFC once you have finalized your course registration for the upcoming term.

*If you are using Chapter 31 VR&E (previously known as Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment) you do not need to fill out the RFC. If you have any questions, you may reach out to the following individuals:
• For tuition billing: Bursar’s Office, Nick Nesbitt,
• For books and supplies: Syracuse University Campus Store, Randy Marciniak,

Financial Aid

Students have the option to apply for financial aid while utilizing VA Education Benefits. Additional information can be found on the Office of Financial Aid website.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at