Capt Brian Manderfield is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies and the Recruiting Officer, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps at Detachment 535, Syracuse University. In this capacity, Capt Manderfield is responsible for recruiting, educating, and overseeing the preparation of Air Force and Space Force officer candidates through a comprehensive commissioning program through the university. Through direct contact, Capt Manderfield promotes both Air Force and Space Force career opportunities through the AFROTC program to university and high school students, faculty, parents, and administrators. Additionally, he instructs the junior- level aerospace studies course.
Capt Manderfield graduated in 2015 from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and commissioned through the Detachment 90 AFROTC program. He completed acquisition officer training and held multiple positions in the acquisitions career field as a program manager and executive officer. Prior to his current position, the captain was a program manager in the Advanced Aircraft Division, Fighters and Advanced Aircraft Directorate, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
- 2015 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
- 2021 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
- July 2015 – July 2017 – Lead, Military Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Equipment Certification, User Equipment Division, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
- July 2017 – August 2018 – Lead, Global Positioning Systems III Follow-On Request for Proposal, Space Vehicles Division, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
- August 2018 – July 2019 – F-22 Test Program Manager, F-22 Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- July 2019 – October 2019 – Program Execution Group Action Officer, Fighters and Bombers Directorate, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
- October 2019 – June 2020, Executive Officer to Program Executive Officer for Advanced Aircraft, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- July 2020 – June 2022, Program Manager, Advanced Aircraft Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- June 2022 – Present, Recruiting Flight Commander, AFROTC Detachment 535, Syracuse University, N.Y.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 11, 2015
First Lieutenant June 11, 2017
Captain June 11, 2019
(Current as of June 2022)